Your contribution supports:
- EXPERIENCE – Our work to preserve winter wildlands and a quality experience for the 16 million annual participants in human-powered snowsports.
- COMMUNITY – Our policy and advocacy work representing our Alliance of backcountry and Nordic skiers, splitboarders, snowshoers, climbers, climate researchers, and other human-paced winter explorers, from Maine to California to Alaska.
- GRASSROOTS – Our grassroots network, which aids 33 different groups in 15 states with their local policy and advocacy efforts, such as our work in 2020 with Superior Highland Backcountry.
- PROTECTION – Organizing petitions and litigation to protect roadless/non-motorized areas around the country, such as our current NEPA campaign.
- ACTION – Creating opportunities for individual comments on various winter travel management plans across the country.
- SNOW EDUCATION – Getting over 33,000 kids on snow across 70+ SnowSchool sites along the nation’s snowbelt.
- CELEBRATION – Raising funds and stoke for 100+ local communities through our Backcountry Film Festival national tour.
From the backcountry to Washington D.C., Winter Wildlands Alliance works with land managers, elected officials, grassroots groups and other partners to pursue a balanced, adaptive and collaborative approach to winter recreation management for the long-term protection of the places where we recreate and seek adventure. Help us keep winter wild by contributing today!