CLIF Bar and Winter Wildlands Alliance partner to screen Backcountry Film Festival- San Francisco Bay
The 13th Annual Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Festival shows at CLIF Bar Headquarters on Thursday, February 15th. Doors open at 6pm and films start at 7pm. All proceeds benefit Winter Wildlands Alliance.
Adventure, environment and climate, youth outdoors, ski culture- you’ll find it all in this award winning lineup. Films in this year’s program include:
- The Space Within, DPS Skis Cinematic | 5 min 28 sec
- Ruth Gorge, Noah Howell | 8 min 1 sec
- Below 0, Itai Hagage | 4 min 54 sec
- The End of Snow, Jane Zelikova and Morgan Heim | 20 min 35 sec
- Follow Through, Anya Miller and Becca Cahall | 21 min 48 sec
- Genesis, DPS Cinematic | 5 min 50 sec
- Idaho 12ver Project, Mark Ortiz | 12 min 10 sec
- Adventure Not War, Max Lowe | 7 min 35 sec
The Backcountry Film Festival is produced each year by Winter Wildlands Alliance as a celebration of the human-powered experience and a gathering place for the backcountry snowsports community. Winter Wildlands Alliance is a nonprofit organization working at the national level to inspire and educate the backcountry community to protect and care for their winter landscapes. Funds raised at each screening stay in the local community to support human-powered recreation and conservation efforts, winter education and avalanche/safety programs and to raise awareness of winter management issues.
Come early for good seats and a killer raffle. Doors open 6 pm, Films begin 7 pm.
Location: CLIF BAR & COMPANY, 1451 66th St, Emeryville, CA 94608