Alpenglow Sports is thrilled to host the 13th Annual Winter Wildlands Alliance (WWA) Backcountry Film Festival on December 1st, 2017 at 7pm. Come welcome winter and support Sierra Watershed Education Partnerships (SWEP) and Tahoe Cross Country Ski Education Association with an award winning lineup of short films celebrating adventure, environmental consciousness, youth involvement in the outdoors, and more.
The WWA Backcountry Film Festival is a celebration of the human-powered winter wilderness experience and a gathering place for the backcountry snowsports community. WWA is a national nonprofit organization that partners with groups like SWEP and Tahoe XC at the local level to inspire and educate the backcou…ntry community to protect and care for their winter landscapes. Funds raised at each screening stay in the local community to support human-powered recreation and conservation efforts, winter education and avalanche/safety programs, and to raise awareness of winter management issues.
Films in this year’s program include:
• The Space Within, DPS Skis Cinematic | 5 min 28 sec
• Ruth Gorge, Noah Howell | 8 min 1 sec
• Below 0, Itai Hagage | 4 min 54 sec
• The End of Snow, Jane Zelikova and Morgan Heim | 20 min 35 sec
• Follow Through, Anya Miller and Becca Cahall | 21 min 48 sec
• Genesis, Ben Sturgulewski and Dan Pizza | 5 min 50 sec
• Idaho 12ver Project, Mark Ortiz | 12 min 10 sec
• Adventure Not War, Max Lowe | 7 min 35 sec
Tickets are $10 and will be sold online and at the door. Doors open at 630pm, and the films will begin at 7pm. Make sure to come early to grab a good seat and enjoy a beer with fellow backcountry enthusiasts.