Join our National Grassroots Network
Winter Wildlands Alliance works with grassroots groups across the country to protect winter wildlands and a quality human-powered snowsports experience on public lands. By joining and pooling interests with WWA, grassroots network members not only become part of a national movement for sustainable recreation, but also gain access to a variety of resources for increasing awareness and effectiveness of their organizations. Resources include:
- Ongoing assistance from our professional staff on policy, planning, stakeholder collaboration and land management issues
- Organizational profile on Winter Wildlands Alliance website
- Social media support
- Member discounts on Backcountry Film Festival licensing for grassroots fundraising events
- Member discounts on biennial Winter Wildlands Alliance Grassroots Advocacy Conference
- Mini-grant eligibility for stewardship, citizen science, capacity building and advocacy projects
- Grassroots Activist Toolkit
- Education on current land-management laws, regulations and processes
- National advocacy alerts, updates and support
- WWA's Trailbreak newsletters to distribute to members
- Opportunities for joint membership development
Annual membership fee for approved grassroots groups is only $100.
Need assistance starting a Grassroots Group?
It's essential for a new group with limited resources to clearly identify its purpose. For example, are you trying to establish a new network of groomed trails? Perhaps you’ve identified a desire for organized backcountry outings and education in your community? There might already be an issue or user-conflict you need to address, such as snowmobile encroachment on public lands that have been legally set aside for human-powered recreation, or a proposed ski area expansion that could restrict your access to the backcountry. It could be as simple as wanting to host events to promote backcountry skiing in your area. Once you've narrowed your purpose, consider us a resource to help you get organized, get mobilized, and on your way to achieving your mission.
For more information on program details and benefits, fill out the form below or contact our office: Phone: 208.336.4203 Email: email@example.com